802.11ac Wave-2 4x4:4SS
Proprietary Antenna Technology
Roaming & Load Balancing
The Everest Networks AP1002We is an medium density 802.11ac Wave-2 4x4:4 outdoor-rated access point built to support deployments with the highest number of users, most demanding Wi-Fi usage, in the harshest environments. With advanced RF and antenna features, the AP1002We is a proven performer providing hot spot mid-range coverage in venues such as stadiums, arenas, convention centers, and campuses, within solutions delivering the highest user engagement, fastest throughput, and the lowest TCO.
• Concurrent dual-radio 802.11ac Wave 2 4x4:4
• PHY rate up to 2.53 Gbps
• Theoretical max number of devices: 1,000+
• Recommended max number of devices: 500
• 100+ simultaneous active devices per AP
• 2 Gbps backhaul provided by 2 x 1G PoE+Ethernet ports
• Integrated and internal antennas
• Proprietary directional antenna:
- 2.4 GHz: fixed pattern → 90° x 90°
- 5 GHz: fixed pattern → 90° x 90°
• Simultaneous polarization and spatial diversity for efficient MIMO and MU-MIMO
• 4x4:4 spatial streams per radio for:
- 4x4 SU-MIMO devices per radio
- Up to 3 concurrent MU-MIMO 5 GHz devices
- 8x parallel streams per AP
• IP67 rated for outdoor and industrial indoor environments
The Dual Outdoor AP1002We leverages the combined power of two 802.11ac Wave 2 radios both operating in 4x4:4 MIMO mode, for a total of 8 parallel spatial streams. One radio is dedicated to the 2.4-GHz band providing MIMO functionality while the other radio is dedicated for the 5-GHz band providing MU-MIMO functionality. In addition, the AP1002We enables concurrent dual-radio operation without impacting the radio’s performance for an aggregate PHY throughput of 2.53 Gbps. Finally, dual 1 Gbps Ethernet ports provide up to 2 Gbps of wired backhaul, ideal for mesh networks.
The AP1002We is IP67-rated, designed and tested for salt spray, vibration, extreme thermal conditions, shock, and dust. This allows the AP1002We to operate in the toughest environments. A
The Dual Outdoor AP1002We has a proprietary and fully-integrated antenna system featuring polarization and pattern diversity for enhanced MIMO and MU-MIMO operation. The 4-spatial stream 90 ̊-beam profile provides a focused RF signal in a defined coverage area to minimize AP-to- AP interference and maximize channel re-use. Finally, the directional antennas are fully integrated into the AP reducing RF signal loss and thus effectively increasing Tx and Rx power and maximizing data rates. The Dual Outdoor AP1002We’s internal antennas also reduce installation times, costs, and errors while hardening the APs long-term solution reliability.
Upon power-up, the Dual Outdoor AP1002We is auto-discovered by Everest’s WLAN controller which performs AP verification and authorization before commencing data transfer. Once authorized, updated firmware and AP configuration are downloaded in a secured and controlled tunnel for an efficient and fast bring-up and operation.